This short term course is the acquisition of skills and training on how to expertly perform Butchery/Meat Cutting that are considered livestock like Pork, chicken and beef which will be purposively done for food. Splitting of the carcass from stunning animals will be acquired on floor operations. The course would also include butchering that follows Dhabiha Halal procedures.
WHAT ARE THE CORE COMPETENCY SKILLS THAT NEED TO BE LEARNED?
It also involves acquiring skills with massive importance for the improved and better performance of the practice such as:
- Applying food safety and sanitations;
- Using of standard measuring devices;
- Implementing good manufacturing practice procedures;
- Implementing environmental policies and procedures;
- Properly sharpening knives;
- Maintenance conducting routine
- Stun, shackle and lift animals;
- Stick and bleed animals;
- Perform cradle processes;
- Flay cattle completely;
- Eviscerate animals;
- Split and quartering carcass;
- Grade, split and stamp carcass;
- Wash, trim, and weigh carcass;
- How to scald or dehair, remove hooves, singe, scrap body and cut chest bone; and
- How to butcher animal following the Dhabiha Halal procedures.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO STUDY A CERTAIN COURSE?
In order to accomplish the short term course, one has to attend classes in a minimum of 280 hours. The schedule will depend on the TESDA site you will be enrolling at.
WHAT IS OR ARE THE POSSIBLE JOB/S AFTER GRADUATION?
The very reason why students enrol in a course is to find a job that suits their interest and passion someday. In this manner, they can be proud of what turned out to be who they are. Moreover, their parents would be more proud of their achieved skills and employment. This would definitely lead them to a better outlook of life.
When done with this course, a qualified one can be employed as a slaughter house butcher.
HOW TO BE A CERTIFIED ONE?
In every course to be taken, there will be assessments that will be made to gauge the performance of the students. It will be the time to prove the depth of their learning. It will also serve as a knowing stage of their strengths and weaknesses that can either be kept or improved. The assessors of the course are highly respected and qualified to assess the performance of the one undergoing the test.
A person enrolled in this short term course may be required to undergo an assessment to determine his or her competency. In order to be a certified NC II holder, one has to undergo the said assessment before the end of course. It would be under respected and qualified professors who had been trained in testing students in this field.
These are the requirements in order to be in the course you want:
- PSA Birth Certificate
- High School or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character or GMRC
- 1 x 1 and/or 2 x 2 pictures
However, the requirements may vary depending on the school you are enrolling at. So please be advised to be in communication to the school for the possible variation of required documents.