TESDA Automotive Servicing NCII course is the acquisition of skills and training in performing services in charging and starting system, engine mechanical system, clutch system, differential and front axle, steering system, brake system, suspension system, and overhauling manual transmission.
What are the requirements for enrolling in TESDA Automotive Servicing NCII?
These are the requirements in order to be in the course you want:
- PSA Birth Certificate
- High School or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character or GMRC
- 1 x 1 and/or 2 x 2 pictures
Related post: Guides for Enrolling in TESDA Short Courses
However, the requirements may vary depending on the school you are enrolling at. So please be advised to be in communication with the school for the possible variation of required documents.
In order to take this course, one has to take Automotive Servicing NC I as a Prerequisite. This is required by the Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs).
How to Get an Automotive Servicing NCII Assessment and Certificates?
Students who take this course must apply for an assessment to determine if he/she can perform the standards expected in the workplace based on the defined competency standards. The National Certificate (NC) / Certificate of Competency (COC) will be provided to those who meet the competency standards.
STEP 1: Go to any TESDA Accredited Assessment Centers/TESDA District or Provincial Office near your location and apply for assessment.
STEP 2: Submit the following documentary requirements:
- Duly accomplished Application Form;
- Properly and completely filled-out Self Assessment Guide of your chosen qualification;
- Three (3) pieces of colored and passport size picture, white background, with collar and with name printer at the back;
STEP 3: Pay the Assessment Fee at the Assessment Center Cashier and get Official Receipt and Admission Slip. See List of Assessment Fees.
STEP 4: Be present at the scheduled date and assigned venue of the assessment indicated in the Admission Slip.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR ADMISSION SLIP ON YOUR ASSESSMENT DATE.
STEP 5: Get the Competency Assessment Result Summary (CARS) at the Assessment Center.
STEP 6: Assessment passers must apply for certification at the TESDA District/Provincial Office where the assessment center/venue is under jurisdiction.
STEP 7: Assessment passers can claim their National Certificate (NC)/Certificate of Competency (COC) seven (7) working days after the application for the issuance of COC/NC.
WHAT ARE THE CORE COMPETENCY SKILLS THAT NEED TO BE LEARNED?
It also involves acquiring skills with massive importance for the improved and better performance of the practice such as:
- How to participate in workplace communication;
- How to work in a team environment;
- How to practice career professionalism;
- How to practice occupational health and safety procedures;
- How to test starting system components and identify faults;
- How to repair/replace and assemble starter and alternator components or parts;
- How to perform diesel engine and gas engine tune-up;
- How to service engine mechanical system;
- How to service clutch system;
- How to service differential and front axle;
- How to service steering system;
- How to overhaul manual transmission;
- How to service brake system;
- How to service suspension system; and
- How to perform shop maintenance
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO STUDY A CERTAIN COURSE?
In order to accomplish the short term course, one has to attend classes in a minimum of 360 hours. The schedule will depend on the TESDA site you will be enrolling at.
WHAT IS OR ARE THE POSSIBLE JOB/S AFTER GRADUATION?
The very reason why students enroll in a course is to find a job that suits their interests and passion someday. In this manner, they can be proud of what turned out to be who they are. Moreover, their parents would be more proud of their achieved skills and employment. This would definitely lead them to a better outlook of life.
When done with this course, a qualified one can be employed as Automotive Service Technician.