TESDA Barbering NCII course is the acquisition of skills and training on how to perform proper grooming services for men and on how to offer great haircutting for a better physical look.
What are the requirements for enrolling in TESDA Barbering NCII?
These are the requirements in order to be in the course you want:
- PSA Birth Certificate
- High School or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character or GMRC
- 1 x 1 and/or 2 x 2 pictures
Related post: Guides for Enrolling in TESDA Short Courses
However, the requirements may vary depending on the school you are enrolling at. So please be advised to be in communication to the school for the possible variation of required documents.
How to Get an Assessment and Certificates for TESDA Barbering Course?
Students who take this course must apply for an assessment to determine if he/she can perform the standards expected in the workplace based on the defined competency standards. The National Certificate (NC) / Certificate of Competency (COC) will be provided to those who meet the competency standards.
STEP 1: Go to any TESDA Accredited Assessment Centers/TESDA District
or Provincial Office near your location and apply for assessment.
STEP 2: Submit the following documentary requirements:
- Duly accomplished Application Form;
- Properly and completely filled-out Self Assessment Guide of your chosen qualification;
- Three (3) pieces of colored and passport size picture, white background, with collar and with name printer at the back;
STEP 3: Pay the Assessment Fee at the Assessment Center Cashier and
get Official Receipt and Admission Slip.
STEP 4: Be present at the scheduled date and assigned venue of assessment indicated in the Admission Slip.
DON’T FORGET TO BRING YOUR ADMISSION SLIP ON YOUR ASSESSMENT DATE.
STEP 5: Get the Competency Assessment Result Summary (CARS) at the Assessment Center.
STEP 6: Assessment passers must apply for certification at the TESDA District/Provincial Office where the assessment center/venue is under jurisdiction.
STEP 7: Assessment passers can claim their National Certificate (NC)/Certificate of Competency (COC) seven (7) working days after application for the issuance of COC/NC.
WHAT ARE THE CORE COMPETENCY SKILLS THAT NEED TO BE LEARNED?
It also involves acquiring skills with massive importance for the improved and better performance of the practice such as:
- How to perform pre and post-hair activities;
- How to perform hair and scalp treatment;
- How to perform basic hair coloring;
- How to perform haircut;
- How to shave and styling beard and mustache;
- How to perform chair spot massage;
- How to perform basic hair perming;
- How to perform hair relaxing; and
- How to perform men’s hairpiece attachment, styling, and maintenance.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO STUDY A CERTAIN COURSE?
In order to accomplish the short term course, one has to attend classes in a minimum of 456 hours plus an optional 200 hours more to complete. The schedule will depend on the TESDA site you will be enrolling at.
Jobs for TESDA Barbering graduate
The very reason why students enrol in a course is to find a job that suits their interest and passion someday. In this manner, they can be proud of what turned out to be who they are. Moreover, their parents would be more proud of their achieved skills and employment. This would definitely lead them to a better outlook of life.
When done with this course, a qualified one can be employed as a colorist or a barber.